Currently we are in need of a Senior Construction Manager to join our team at our Head Office Vancouver. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would like to work with one of BC’s most respected and proven residential and mixed-use developers.
Reporting directly to Director of Construction the Senior Construction Manager will oversee all aspects of project management from excavation to final turnover. The Senior Construction Manager will work with in-house and external construction personnel to ensure project construction is executed in a timely and efficient manner while ensuring feasibility and cost of all projects.
Specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Create the schedule, scope of work, budget and other targets for the given projects;
- Establish a Project Charter for each approved project, defining the projects goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones, and deliverables;
- Prepare Tender Process, Budgets, Estimates, Construction Schedules, progress and monthly reports;
- Responsible in overseeing one or more teams/projects that are at multiple sites or large complex projects; fostering strong teamwork orientation;
- Manage all subcontractors and suppliers to ensure quality control, cost control and maintaining schedule;
- Oversee trade contractor site meetings, RFI’s, invoices and control document process;
- Conduct cost-benefit analyses, risk analyses, and ROI calculations to determine project feasibility;
- Track all project costs to ensure completion within budget; procure extra budget funding where necessary;
- Oversee and monitor all Trade Contractor Change Orders and Owner Change Orders.
- Identify and resolve conflicts within project teams and associate work; create contingency plans to mitigate risk;
- Manage project dependencies;
- Conduct project post mortems in order to identify areas for improvement; make recommendations based on findings;
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule;
- Observe that Work Safe Practices are being followed during site visits;
- Manage completion requests and Tenant Occupancy dates and Project close out;
- Act as the primary liaison with site superintendents and sub-trades;
- Provide construction direction and oversight to project team;
- Interface with client representatives, architect representative, subcontractors, security, etc.;
- Plan, coordinate and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on assigned project(s);
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered;
- Provide direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as required.
Applicants for the roll must have the following:
- Post-secondary school degree or diploma in a construction related area of study preferred;
- 8-10+ years of direct work experience working in residential concrete high-rise construction;
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans;
- A solid understanding of all residential construction trades and construction techniques;
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills;
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation in relation to the construction industry, specifically residential construction;
- Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities;
- Strong communication, integration, problem-solving and interpersonal skills;
- Dedication to health and safety in the workplace;
- Superior leadership qualities with a demonstrated track record of dealing successfully with internal and external customers;
- Results-oriented with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and time lines;
- Understanding fundamentals of contracts and experience in managing contractors under the terms of a contract;
- Knowledge of OH&S regulations and related residential building codes;
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods;
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills;
- Demonstrated reputation for acting with a high level of integrity at all times;
- Ability to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including labourers, technical, professional, and upper management;
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures;
- Possess a valid driver’s license;
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
If you don’t meet all the requirements listed, we still encourage you to apply, as we’re still eager to meet individuals who are aligned with Townline’s core values and can contribute in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes. Townline is all about the Team, and we take pride in providing a work environment where people grow, evolve, and feel appreciated.
The successful candidate will be required to provide official documentation confirming receipt of two (2) doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, as recognized for use in Canada, prior to starting employment. Continued employment will be conditional on receiving, and providing confirmation of, any additional “booster” vaccine doses, as recommended by the Ministry of Health & Provincial Health Officer. Exceptions based on medical, religious or other valid grounds will be considered on a case-by-case basis.