Due to growth of the business we are currently in need of a Property Accountant with expertise in property management accounting to join our team at our Vancouver Office. This newly created position will be responsible for owning the IPP Accounting function at Townline.
The Property Accountant is an integral member of the Accounting team and will be responsible for undertaking a broad range of accounting duties. The duties of the Senior Property Accountant include but are not limited to:
- Review monthly property financials and perform full cycle IPP accounting.
- Preparation and review of month-end and year-end financial statements and working papers for accuracy in accordance with ASPE.
- In conjunction with the property management team, prepare and review annual property budgets.
- Develop a very strong understanding of our income producing property portfolio from an accounting and operational perspective, and have the ability to communicate key issues with senior management.
- Review financial results to provide senior management with key insights on key performance indicators.
- Assist with IPP audit coordination and liaise with auditors.
- Support certain property reporting objectives as required.
- Preparation of various tax forms (T2 & T5013).
- Design and generate various reports using Excel or Yardi Voyager 7S to meet different requirements for accounting or operational needs.
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with all laws and company policies and procedures.
- Liaise with operations and all levels of management.
- Liaise with financial stakeholders regarding financing matters.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience using Yardi Voyager is a must.
- Experience in real estate property management accounting, primarily in residential rental.
- The ability to work in a team environment and be accountable to different team leaders.
- A strong understanding of financial statement and business risks and the appropriate controls required to mitigate risks.
- The ability to understand, document, and communicate business and accounting processes to various stakeholders, both accounting and operational.
- Canadian CPA designation desirable.
- 3 years of accounting experience.
- Systems implementation experience is an asset.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Canadian Tax experience is an asset.
- Solid analytical skills, a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and a team player.
- A willingness to ask questions and find solutions.
If you don’t meet all the requirements listed, we still encourage you to apply, as we’re still eager to meet individuals who are aligned with Townline’s core values and can contribute in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes. Townline is all about the Team, and we take pride in providing a work environment where people grow, evolve, and feel appreciated.
Successful candidate will be required to provide official documentation confirming receipt of two (2) doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, as recognized for use in Canada, prior to starting employment. Continued employment will be conditional on receiving, and providing confirmation of, any additional “booster” vaccine doses, as recommended by the Ministry of Health & Provincial Health Officer. Exceptions based on medical, religious or other valid grounds will be considered on a case by case basis.