The Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for providing oversight to our 3 office locations, (Vancouver & Victoria), multiple construction sites and sales centres across the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island. Responsible for implementing and monitoring the Corporate Safety Program.
Specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Performing safety audits and physically inspecting all work areas, offices, sales centres and job sites to identify possible safety issues
- Ensure that required safe work practices and safe job procedures are in place across all sites.
- Confirm required training for work being completed.
- Issue corrective actions to site safety and confirm completion of actions.
- Complete audit documentation.
- Oversee the company’s daily operations and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Review and update risk/hazard assessment as conditions change throughout the length of the project.
- Ensure necessary training for the tasks is completed and the workers are competent.
- Incident and Near Miss Investigations
- Overseeing/reviewing or completing investigations for immediate and root cause of incidents that occur on all Townline Group of Companies’ projects.
- Issuing corrective actions and ensuring compliance
- Issuing disciplinary action as required
- Notifying and reporting to WorkSafeBC as required
- Educating personnel on incident and preventative measures
- Providing site personnel with training, emergency protocols and site-specific plans.
- Providing training and mentoring to all CSO’s to ensure their continued professional development
- Assisting with preparation and hosting of monthly CSO teams meeting to review an educational topic, company incidents, stats etc.
- Develop Fall Protection Plans and Exposure Control Plans.
- Review Site Specific Construction Fire Safety Plans and Traffic Control Plans
- Building and maintaining working relationships with project managers, trade contractors, consultants, and sub trades.
- Creating and maintaining positive working relationships with WorkSafeBC
- Responsible for assisting with administering and promoting a safe work environment for all personnel
Applicants for the roll must have the following:
- 3-5 years work experience managing health and safety in the construction industry or a combination of applicable education and work experience
- Occupational First Aid Level 2 or 3 is required
- NCSO National Construction Safety Officer is an asset
- CRSP Canadian Registered Safety Professional is an asset
- US health and safety experience is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of applicable safety legislation;
- Working knowledge of construction processes and terminology;
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills;
- Ability to manage difficult situations regarding site safety
- A team player who works well in a collaborative environment
- The ability to handle a substantial workload, multitask, and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- A creative thinker and effective problem solver
- A strong work ethic, attention to detail and excellent planning and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.)
- A self-starter and quick learner
- A positive attitude and a professional image
- Valid Driver’s license with a clean driving record and a reliable vehicle
- Flexibility to travel throughout the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island